I made a rather large batch of oats for the 2 of us this morning and even after a 90 minute walk, we were sustained till noon. I think it was the peanut butter. If you want a single serving, these ingredients can easily be halved. Leave out the Splenda if you don't care for sweet oatmeal.
Peanut Butter and Banana Oats
Makes 2 hearty servings
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 1 Tbs peanut butter (I love chunky the best)
- 2 packets Splenda, optional
- yogurt or milk for topping
- dash of cinnamon
- Put water in a medium saucepan with lid and set over HIGH heat till it boils.
- Add the oats, stir and replace lid. Turn heat to LOW and simmer till oats are cooked, about 6 minutes.
- Turn off heat, stir in mashed banana and peanut butter. Replace lid and let rest for another few minutes.
- Stir in Splenda, if using, and divide oat mixture between 2 serving bowls.
- Add a bit of yogurt or milk of choice and a sprinkling of cinnamon.
Weight Watchers P+ = 6.
Calories 217; Protein 6g; Carbohydrate 36g; Fa6t g; Fibre 5g.
Mash the banana before you put the oats on to cook so it will be ready when you need it.
Add the peanut butter and banana to the cooked oats, stir and then let rest a few minutes with the lid on the saucepan.
The Captain likes his with a bit of milk on top.