Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Hello Sweet Dumping Squash!

I could not resist purchasing this lovely little Sweet Dumpling squash at a local market a few days ago.  It has been sitting on the counter, waiting for me to decide what to do with it... other than admire it because I think it is so cute!



Today I decided I would have it for my dinner.. and because I have a bago of lovely fresh baby spinach leaves in the fridge, I wanted to have a re-rerun of the Buttercup Squash and Spinach Salad I made a couple of weeks ago.

When I cut and cleaned it, I noticed that it looked very much like an Acorn squash.  I cooked it in the microwave oven for 7 minutes altogether and then left it to cool.

At dinnertime, I assembled the salad ingredients, and added 2 Tbs of dried cranberries to the mixture.  I used the same dressing as before too, as I knew that cinnamon would be a tasty match for this squash.  (This adds 1 Points Plus value to the serving.)

It was delicious!  This Sweet Dumpling squash really lived up to its name... it is a similar texture to the Acorn squash, but there is a definite sweetness to it.

I am so thrilled to add another variety of winter squash to my list of favorites!

Wash and dry the  cute little squash.


Cut in half and scoop seeds out of the centre before cooking.


Assembled and ready to enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment.