I baked a few red potatoes a couple of days ago, to have them on hand and ready to use during this rainy, windy weather we are having right now. Tonight I decided to heat them up with some eggs and make a tasty diner-style meal.... but without all the traditional diner-style fat!
You could add a bit of chopped onion or peppers if you like. I used some spinach, but mostly for color. I always keep a bag of real crumbled bacon on hand in the fridge. It adds really nice flavor to so many dishes.
You might also want to add a second egg to each plate, for another 2P+ each. That would make a hearty meal, indeed. And you could always have it for breakfast, if you like!
Eggs with Baked Hash Browns
Makes 2 servings
- 2 medium-sized potatoes, already baked and cooled
- 1 Tbs crumbled bacon
- handful of spinach leaves, chopped
- 2 whole fresh eggs
- 1/2 ounce of low fat cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the potatoes into large chunks and place in a microwave safe dish.
- Add the crumbled bacon and spinach, and stir altogether.
- Put in the microwave oven and cook on HIGH for 3 minutes.
- In the meantime, fry the eggs in a saucepan, till done to your liking.
- Divide the potato mixture between 2 plates, and top with an egg and half the grated cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Weight Watchers P+ = 6.
Calories 220; Protein 12g; Carbohydrate 26g; Fat 8g; Fibre 2g.