The instructions that come with it tell you to fill up one side of it and then fold it in half and cook your egg, etc. inside the closed container. It makes one omelet at a time.
The Captain prefers to make 2 omelets at a time, so he uses the pan open-faced and places the ingredients for each omelet, in each half and cooks them both at once.
You can use any add-ins you like... peppers, spinach, tomatoes.... but don't use fresh mushrooms. They make the resulting mixture too wet and soggy.
Makes 2 servings
- 4 whole eggs
- 1/8 cup chopped onion
- 1 Tbs real bacon bits
- 2 small tomatoes, seeds and centres removed, chopped
- 1 ounce light cheddar cheese, thinly sliced or shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lightly beat the eggs and then pour half of the mixture into each side of the pan.
- Cook on MEDIUM-HIGH for 2 minutes and 45 seconds.
- Remove the pan from mike, stir each side a bit, and then cook for another 1 minute.
- Remove the pan from mike and distribute 1/2 of the bacon bits, tomato chunks and cheese, over egg mixture on each side. Cook for another 1 minute and 45 seconds.
- Plate and serve. Season with salt and pepper.
Weight Watchers P+ = 6.
Calories 220; Protein 19g; Carbohydrate 4g; Fat 14g; Fibre 1g.
Don't use the HIGH power setting. It makes the eggs rubbery.
I find the omelet alone a very filling breakfast, but The Captain likes to have toast and 'red' jam with his!