This is a lovely way to turn those peaches into something very special, and it happens quickly and very easily. It is absolutely delicious!
If you prefer nectarines, this would work well for them, too.
Makes 2 servings
- 2 ripe peaches, washed, halved, and pits removed
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 Tbs honey
- 1 Tbs dark brown sugar
- Stir the butter, honey, and sugar together in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until it bubbles and becomes syrupy.
- Stir the mixture continually for another 2 minutes while it cooks.
- Add the peaches, cut side down and cook them for about 3 minutes, without stirring, until they carmelize.
- Turn the peaches over to coat them with the syrup and remove from heat.
- Serve them in a bowl... and perhaps top with vanilla ice cream or yogurt.
Per serving of 2 peach halves and syrup, not including toppings.
Weight Watchers P+ = 3.
Calories 108; Protein 1g; Carbohydrate 24g; Fat 2g; Fibre 2g.
I must caution you to be very careful with this syrup. It is HOT and holds its heat for several minutes. Please don't burn your mouth on it.
The next time I make this, just for a change, I am going to slice the peaches before placing them into the syrup. I think they will cook through and that might be very nice.
Select and wash 2 ripe peaches.
Cut them in half and twist the halves against each other. One half will come away from the pit. Then take a spoon, and run it around the bottom of the pit to remove it from the second half.
Melting the butter, honey and brown sugar in a non-stick skillet.
Carmelizing the peach halves in the bubbling syrup.
Turn the halves over and use a spoon to coat them with syrup before removing from the heat.
I served them with 1/3 cup of vanilla fat free yogurt - another 1 P+ for the yogurt.