Sundried Tomato Dip
Makes 8 servings, 2 Tbs each
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup less 1 tsp fat free milk (11 tsp)
- 2 medium green onions, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- dash of pepper
- dash of thyme
- Place tomatoes in a bowl and pour boiling water over them. Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes until they have plumped a bit and softened. Drain water from the tomatoes and then chop them finely.
- While the tomatoes are rehydrating, put 1 tsp lemon juice in a 1-cup measuring cup. Add fat free milk to the 1/4 cup line. Let sit for 5 minutes while milk thickens.
- In bowl, stir together tomatoes, sour cream, onions, thickened milk, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Sprinkle with a bit of thyme to garnish before serving.
Weight Watchers P+ = 1.
Calories 39; Protein 3g; Carbohydrate 7g; Fat 0g; Fibre 1g.
This can be make-ahead. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Place dried tomatoes in a bowl.
Drain the tomatoes well, and then squeeze the remaining water from them before you finely chop them.
Mince the green onions.
Stir it all together in a bowl and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.