Don't make it up too far ahead of dinner-time... the cucumber will get watery and lose its crunch.
Summer Side Salad
Makes 2 servings
- 1 - 4 inch length of a long English cucumber
- 4 thin cross slices of a white onion
- 1 medium tomato
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 Tbs white vinegar
- dashes of salt, pepper, and oregano
- Slice the cucumber into thin slivers. I like to make deep vertical cuts along the length of the cucumber, and then make thin slices across it. Place in small mixing bowl.
- Cut the onion rings into smaller pieces and add to the cucumber.
- Remove the core from the tomato and cut into small chunks, and place in the bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and mix well.
- Divide the salad into 2 serving bowls.
Weight Watchers P+ = 2.
Calories 69; Protein 1g; Carbohydrate 7g; Fat 5g; Fibre 1g.
There could be an argument here that the only ingredient that has a P+ value is the olive oil, but Weight Watchers takes all the ingredients into consideration when calculating P+ values in their own recipe builder software, so I have followed suit.
Place slivered cucumber into bowl. Long English are lovely as they do not need to be peeled.
Add pieces of onion.
Ready to serve.