The muffins turned out very well. Tasty, but not colorful of course, so for eye-appeal your toppings need to have some color. But it is good to know that white flour will work in a pinch if you don't have whole wheat or spelt.
Applesauce Microwave Muffins
Makes 2 servings
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 Tbs white flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 packets Splenda
- dash of cinnamon
- Spray 2 small microwave-safe bowls or cups with non-stick spray.
- Mix ingredients well and divide between 2 bowls.
- Cook each one on HIGH for 2 minutes.
- Leave cool about 5 minutes in the bowl, then turn out into a serving bowl and leave another 5 minutes before serving.
- Top with fruit, nut butters, yogurt, as desired.
Per muffin without toppings.
Weight Watchers P+ = 2.
Calories 71; Protein 4g; Carbohydrate 13g; Fat 0g; Fibre 1g.
Ready to pop into the mike.
Baked and resting.
Topped and ready to enjoy!