Today I decided to make up a potato and veggie frittata and it was delicious... just the thing for a warm lunch on a cool day. And the ingredients are things that most of us would normally have on hand, too.
Serve this with a glass of milk, and a piece of fruit, for a complete, nutritious lunch.
Potato and Vegetable Frittata
Makes 2 servings
- 1 medium potato, baked and cooled
- 1 thin slice of white onion, diced
- 1 small tomato, cut in small pieces
- 1/2 cup spinach leaves, chopped
- 2 white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large fresh egg
- 3/8 cup egg whites
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sprinkle of crumbled bacon bits, optional *
- Dice the potato and place in a frying pan that has been coated with non-stick spray, over MEDIUM heat.
- Add the vegetables and cook till soft, approximately 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile beat the egg and the egg whites together in a small bowl.
- Pour the egg mixture over the contents of the frying pan, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover and allow to cook for another 5 or 6 minutes. It will be done when no longer shiny.
- Divide in half and put on 2 plates to serve. Sprinkle with bacon bits if desired.
Weight Watchers P+ = .
Calories 130; Protein 10g; Carbohydrate 17g; Fat 3g; Fibre 2g.
* Adding 1 tsp of bacon bits adds 1 WW P+ to the meal.
Cook the veggies...
and then add the egg mixture.
When cooked, remove from heat and divide in half to serve.
Sprinkle with cooked, crumbled bacon if you like.