It is sweet and savory at the same time, and has a nice soft, creamy texture. It smells soooo good while it is in the oven, cooking. If you like, toss in a few raisins and add 1 P+ to the total.
Apple and Butternut Squash Casserole
Makes 4 servings
- 1 large apple, cored and sliced thin
- 8 oz. butternut squash, peeled and sliced into 1/8th inch slices
- 1/2 Tbs flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- 2 Tbs butter
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Coat a 9" x 9" pan with non-stick spray.
- Layer the apple and butternut squash slices in the pan, 2 layers of each.
- In a small bowl mix the flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg together. Add in the butter and crumble with your fingers.
- Sprinkle crumbled mixture over the apple and squash slices.
- Bake for 60 minutes.
Weight Watchers P+ = 4.
Calories 134; Protein 1g; Carbohydrate 21g; Fat 6g; Fibre 2g.
Slice butternut squash thinly.
Layer squash and apple in pan.
Mix dry topping ingredients together.
Mix in butter till crumbly.
Sprinkle topping over layered squash and apples.
After it bakes for an hour...
It can easily removed from pan to serve.