It is a simple recipe. The only seasonings are salt and pepper, along with some lemon juice and zest to enhance the natural flavor of this very special fish.
You could certainly use any canned or leftover cooked salmon you have.
Makes 2 servings
- 6 ounces canned salmon
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- zest and juice from one fresh lemon
- 1 egg white
- 2 Tbs raw oats
- dashes of salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Divide into 2 patties and saute in non-stick pan that has been lightly sprayed with olive or canola oil, 4 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Remove from pan and serve hot.
Weight Watchers P+ = 4.
Calories 158; Protein 23g; Carbohydrate 7g; Fat 4g; Fibre 2g.
Fabulous wild Pacific Sockey salmon, canned in water.
Patties in the pan.
And plated, ready to eat.