The ingredients are simple so you can easily alter the proportions to make any number of servings you like.
I think this would also be nice with fresh peaches, or blueberries, rhubarb, cranberries or even apples... and vanilla yogurt would be delicous!
Stewed Strawberries with Yogurt and Couscous
Makes 4 servings
- 1/2 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 cups strawberries, washed and cut into small chunks
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp Splenda
- 1 cup plain fat free yogurt
- If you have time you can make up the couscous using the Dashboard Method, or by putting 1 cup water into a small saucepan and heating it to the boiling point. Stir in the couscous, cover the pan with a lid and then remove the pan from the heat and set it aside for 5 minutes. The couscous will absorb the water.
- Put the strawberries into a small saucepan with 1/4 cup of water. Bring to a boil, then turn down the heat and let simmer and bubble for about 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cinnamon and Splenda.
- To serve, divide the plumped couscous among 4 cereal bowls. Place 1/4 cup yogurt on top of the couscous in each bowl. Then top with one quarter of the strawberry compote... approximately 1/2 cup.
- Serve while still warm.
Weight Watchers P+ = 3.
Calories 122; Protein 6g; Carbohydrate 24g; Fat 1g; Fibre 3g.
Cut the strawberries into chunks.
Cook until soft in a bit of water.
Put prepared couscous into bowls.
Put yogurt on the top.