If you like, you could use maple syrup in place of the honey, or even Splenda, to lower the P+ count by one.
Warm Quinoa and Strawberries Breakfast Bowl
Makes 2 servings
- 1/2 cups raw quinoa
- 2/3 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- ½ cup Almond Breeze, original unsweetened
- ½ cups water
- Dash of cinnamon
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 Tbs slivered almonds
- Place quinoa, milk, and water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in strawberries, cinnamon, and honey.
- Remove pan from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Divide the mixture into 2 cereal bowls.
- Sprinkle 1 Tbs slivered almonds on top of each bowl, and serve.
Weight Watchers P+ = 6.
Calories 252; Protein 7g; Carbohydrates 38g; Fat 8g; Fibre 5g.
Vanilla yogurt makes a great, tasty topping.