If you don't have any parmesan cheese, just serve without it.
Do give this a try; it is pretty and very tasty. Company-worth for sure! Here is how I prepared it.
Summer Vegetable Ribbon Salad
Makes 4 servings
- 1 green zucchini, ends cut off
- 1 yellow zucchini, ends cut off
- 2 large carrots, peeled and ends cut off
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 oz shaved lite Parmesan, for garnish
- Using a vegetable peeler or mandoline, shave the zucchini and carrots into long thin strips (“ribbons”).
- Toss the the zucchini and carrot ribbons in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and drizzle over the vegetables. Toss to coat. Garnish with the parmesan shavings.
Make sure that your vegetables are nice and dry before trying to shave them. Otherwise, you could accidentally slip and cut your hand with the vegetable peeler! Feel free to also hold them in one hand with a towel, while peeling with your other hand.
Weight Watchers P+ = 3.
Calories 111; Protein 6g; Carbohydrate 6g; Fat 8g; Fibre 2g.
Sliding the peeler along the length of the zucchini creates the ribbons.
Plated and ready to enjoy.
A colorful and pretty presentation.