It is a perfect way to get a chocolate fix with only a few calories and little fat. It just cries out for a creamy topping and fresh fruit.
Chocolate Microwave Muffins
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup canned pure pumpkin
- 2 Tbs spelt flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 4 packets Splenda
- 2 Tbs cocoa powder
- Spray 2 small microwave-safe bowls with non-stick spray.
- Mix ingredients well and divide into 2 bowls.
- Cook each one on HIGH for 3 minutes.
- Leave cool about 5 minutes in the dish, then turn out and leave another 5 minutes before serving.
- Top with fresh fruit and yogurt, or ice cream.
Per serving, without topping.Weight Watchers P+ = 2.
Calories 85; Protein 6g; Carbohydrate 14g; Fat 1g; Fibre 5g.
You could use applesauce or mashed ripe banana in place of the pumpkin.
You may need to adjust the cooking time for your own microwave oven.