I used less oil for cooking than the original recipe calls for, and made a couple of other small changes. This is what I came up with.
Mediterranean Chick Pea Patties
Makes 2 servings, 2 patties each
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 egg white
- 2 Tbs all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Pulse first 6 ingredients (through pepper) in a food processor until coarsely chopped and mixture comes together.
- Transfer to a bowl, add egg white and 1 Tbs flour; form into 4 (1/2-inch-thick) patties.
- Place remaining flour in a small dish and roll patties in it with floured hands; tap off excess flour.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook patties for 4-5 minutes per side or until golden.
Weight Watchers P+ = 4.
Calories 174; Protein 9g; Carbohydrate 26g; Fat 4g; Fibre 7g.