Today I decided to add some cottage cheese to my cooked oats. There is lots of protein in cottage cheese. And, I have used it, mixed with cinnamon, as a topper for toast... so why not as a mix-in for my oats?
It turned out to be very tasty. And I was definitely satisfied all morning.
Makes 1 serving
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbs raisins
- 1/3 cup 1% cottage cheese
- dash of cinnamon
- 1 tsp honey
- Bring water to a rolling boil in small saucepan. Stir in oats and reduce heat to low. Cook for about 7 or 8 minutes, stirring often, until thickened.
- Remove from heat and put oats into a serving bowl. Stir in raisins, and cottage cheese.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon on top, then drizzle with honey.
- Add other toppings as desired.
Weight Watchers P+ = 6.
Calories 242; Protein 13g; Carbohydrate 43g; Fat 3g; Fibre 4g.
Stir the cottage cheese and raisins into the hot, cooked oats.
Banana slices are the perfect topping - and they add a bit more sweetness, too.