Strawberries with vinegar and pepper may sound unusual, but the sweet-tart combo is delicious, and if you use dark vinegar, the balsamic marinade tints the strawberries a gorgeous deep red. If you don't have vanilla yogurt on hand, use plain and stir a dash of vanilla extract into it.
Makes 4 servings
- 4 cups strawberries, halved or quartered
- 2 Tbs unpacked brown sugar
- 1 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 Tbs mint leaves, optional
- Combine strawberries, sugar, vinegar and pepper in a bowl.
- Marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 hour, stirring at least once.
- Serve in 4 small glasses or bowls and top each with 2 tablespoons vanilla yogurt.
- Garnish with mint sprigs, if desired.
Weight Watchers P+ = 2.
Calories 76; Protein 2g; Carbohydrate 17g; Fat 1g; Fibre 3g.