They make a nice, light breakfast with a piece of fruit, or a good snack. The key to success is in leaving them long enought to cool, to handle easily. I used organic spelt flour but whole wheat would probably work nicely, too.
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup canned pure pumpkin
- 2 Tbs spelt flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 packets Splenda
- Dashes of cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg
- Spray 2 small microwave-safe bowls with non-stick spray.
- Mix ingredients well and divide into 2 bowls.
- Cook each one on HIGH for 2 minutes.
- Leave cool about 5 minutes in the dish, then turn out and leave another 5 minutes before serving.
- Top with peanut butter, if desired.
Per serving, without topping.Weight Watchers P+ = 1.
Calories 73; Protein 5g; Carbohydrate 11g; Fat 0g; Fibre 3g.
You could use applesauce or mashed ripe banana in place of the pumpkin and adjust the spices.
You may need to adjust the cooking time for your own microwave oven.
Ready to go into the mike.
During cooking the batter rises quite high, and then falls during cooling.
The non-stick spray is essential.
Topped with peanut butter and ready to enjoy.