Black Bean and Couscous Salad
Makes 4 servings
- 1/4 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed, approx. 2 cups
- 2/3 cup corn kernels
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato, diced or 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, diced
- juice and zest from one lime
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 Tbs fresh chopped cilantro
- Cook couscous according to package directions or use the Dashboard Method with water, and leave till plumped and water has been absorbed.
- Place couscous in large bowl.
- Add beans, corn, onion, tomato, and pepper to couscous in the bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil over top, along with the juice and zest from the lime.
- Then sprinkle chopped cilantro over top, and mix all together.
- Divide into 4 servings and add salt and pepper to taste.
Weight Watchers P+ = 5.
Calories 206; Protein 10g; Carbohydrate 37g; Fat 3g; Fibre 8g.
Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
If you like, add a sliced, hardboiled egg for more protein - for only 2 P+ more.