This slaw is pretty basic, but it has a nice twist with the addition of the cilantro, lime, and cashews. The original called for slices of red onion, but I am using green onions instead.
This easily becomes a complete meal for 2 people with the addition of cooked shrimp, chicken, pork, or tofu cubes. If you don't have time to slice cabbage and shred the carrot, pre-packaged coleslaw mix works very well.
Makes 4 servings, about 1 to 1-1/4 cups each
- 2-1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup salted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 Tbs chopped cilantro
- 1 medium lime
- 3 Tbs fat free mayonnaise
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix the llime juice, lime zest, and mayonnaise together in a small bowl.
- Add the dressing to the cabbage mixture and toss to coat.
Per serving, if serving 4.
Weight Watchers P+ = 2.
Calories 87; Protein 3g; Carbohydrate 11g; Fat 4g; Fibre 3g.
Per serving, if serving 2.
Weight Watchers P+ = 5.
Calories 173; Protein 5g; Carbohydrate 22g; Fat 8g; Fibre 5g.