I love this salad. It is crunchy and pretty and quite delicious. If this is all I am having for lunch, I will eat the whole thing. Otherwise I divide it into 2 servings. It will keep quite nicely in the fridge overnight.
Feel free to get creative with the ingredients. Any kind of apple will do. I often used sunflower seeds or almonds instead of walnuts, and dried apricots are a nice alternative to the dried cranberries.
Today's version went like this.
Broccoli Apple Salad
- 1 cup Mannn's broccoli slaw
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 1 Tbs chopped onion
- 1 Tbs dried cranberries
- 1 Tbs walnut pieces
- 1 Tbs real bacon bits
For the dressing:
- 1 Tbs fat free Miracle Whip
- 1 Tbs fat free plain yogurt
- 1 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 packet Slenda
- Mix the salad ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Mix the dressing ingredients, then pour over the salad.
- Stir to blend and then serve.
The whole recipe.
Weight Watchers P+ = 6.
Calories 235; Protein 7g; Carbohydrate 39g; Fat 7g; Fibre 8g.
Before mixing and adding dressing
And ready to eat