Thursday, April 28, 2011

Broccoli Apple Salad

Normally when I make this salad, I use broccoli crowns and chop them up.  But today I had a brand new bag of Mann's Broccoli Slaw in the fridge that was calling my name.

I love this salad.  It is crunchy and pretty and quite delicious.   If this is all I am having for lunch, I will eat the whole thing. Otherwise I divide it into 2 servings.  It will keep quite nicely in the fridge overnight.

Feel free to get creative with the ingredients.  Any kind of apple will do.  I often used sunflower seeds or almonds instead of walnuts, and dried apricots are a nice alternative to the dried cranberries. 

Today's version went like this.



Broccoli Apple Salad
  • 1 cup Mannn's broccoli slaw
  • 1 apple, cored and chopped
  • 1 Tbs chopped onion
  • 1 Tbs dried cranberries
  • 1 Tbs walnut pieces
  • 1 Tbs real bacon bits

For the dressing:
  • 1 Tbs fat free Miracle Whip
  • 1 Tbs fat free plain yogurt
  • 1 Tbs red wine vinegar
  • 1 packet Slenda
  1. Mix the salad ingredients in a medium bowl.
  2. Mix the dressing ingredients, then pour over the salad.
  3. Stir to blend and then serve.

The whole recipe.
Weight Watchers P+ = 6.
Calories 235; Protein 7g; Carbohydrate 39g;  Fat 7g; Fibre 8g.


Before mixing and adding dressing


And ready to eat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment.