We have had this orange cranberry salsa on grilled salmon fillets a couple of times now and really enjoy it. It makes a festive plate and citrus always pairs well with fresh seafood.
The original recipe came from Thrifty Foods but I changed it a bit. It calls for cilantro or mint, neither of which I particularly like. Here is my version, to accompany salmon fillets grilled on your barbecue. It also goes nicely with grilled prawns.
If you would rather not use the barbecue, bake the salmon in your oven. You could easily multiply this recipe a few times to go with a whole baked fish, as well. Lovely.
Orange Cranberry Salsa
Makes 2 servings
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 medium orange, peel and pith removed, flesh cut into small cubes
- 1 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 3 or 4 drops Tabasco sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place the first 7 ingredients in a bowl.
- Add salt to taste and toss to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate the salsa until needed.
- Grill or bake salmon fillets.
- Plate the salmon, top with salsa and serve.
Weight Watchers P+ = 2. This doesn't include the salmon.
Calories 86; Protein 0g; Carbohydrate 17g; Fat 2g; Fibre 2g