Here is how I put it together today.
Low Fat Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
Makes 6 servings, about 1-1/4 cups each
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 Tbs curry powder
- 1 lb carrots, cut up into 1-inch chunks
- 1 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- Salt and peppe to taste
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and sauté onion and garlic until softened.
- Stir in cumin and curry powder and cook for 1 minute.
- Add carrots, sweet potatoes and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and when cooled, blend until smooth with immersion blender.
- Reheat, to serve, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with fat free sour cream or plain yogurt if you like.
Per 1-1/4 cup serving.
Weight Watchers P+ = 3. Not including garnish.
Calories 118 ; Protein2g; Carbohydrate 25g; Fat 1g; Fibre 6g
- You can use low fat chicken broth or water and a bouillon cube, instead of vegetable broth, if you like. The chicken-tomato cubes make a lovely broth.
- If you don't have an immersion blender, just cool the soup, and put a couple of cups at a time, into your counter-top blender container, and puree.
Garnished and ready to eat.