Sunday, April 17, 2011

No Pudge Brownie Mix

Is there anyone who wouldn't consider chocolate in some form, a pantry essential?

My favorite chocolate is a low-fat brownie mix I discovered several years ago when I first visited a Trader Joe's market  (and if I lived near one I probably wouldn't shop anywhere else).

It is called No Pudge and is cleary identifiable by the bright pink box... the writing on it has changed over the years, but not the color.



I particularly love the taste.  Very rich chocolate flavor.  Chewy, moist, and delicious.

But the very best thing about this brownie mix, other than it is definitely fat-free, is that it can be made into individual servings... so you can have one whenever you like without having to make up a whole tray of brownies.

For single serving:

Place 2 Tbs brownie mix into a small microwave-safe bowl.
Add 1 Tbs of any one of the following:

  • fat free plain yogurt  *
  • low fat yogurt, any flavor
  • fat free sour cream
  • unsweetened applesauce
  • silken tofu
  • soy yogurt
Blend well with brownie mix.
Place in microwave oven and cook on HIGH for one minute.

Let cool slightly.
Eat as is or add toppings of choice.



Today I used fat free vanilla yogurt as the mix-in, and then also as a topping, along with some sliced, fresh strawberries.


* If I use plain yogurt, I like to add a dash of vanilla, too. 

Per 2 Tbs of brownie mix. Doesn't include your choice of mix-in or toppings.
Weight Watchers P+ = 3.
Calories 110; Protein 2g; Carbohydrate 28g; Fat 0g; Fibre 1g

1 comment:

  1. This recipe may have just saved my life...haha! I am obsessed with chocolate and brownies so a low cal option that you can make this quickly sounds amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment.