The inspiration came from a recipe I found in the book Hunger Free Forever. The one change I made is to use a can of Kirkland Seasoned Chicken Breast instead of 2 fresh boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
I normally use white kidney beans but navy beans would work too.
Quite often we will eat the whole recipe and I call it 2 servings. Tonight I want to have some brown rice with it, so I am calling it 4 servings, and will put half into the refrigerator for lunch one day soon.
White Chicken Chili
- 1 can Kirkland chunk chicken breast, drained
- 1-3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ of a 4-oz can chopped green chiles
- 2 cups canned white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced, for garnish
- Pour half of the chicken broth into a large saucepan and add the onion and garlic.
Per 1/4th of the whole recipe.
Weight Watchers P+ = 4.
Calories 187; Protein 21g; Carbohydrate 21g; Fat 2g; Fibre 6g.
Bubbling in the pan