Thursday, March 03, 2011

Canned Cooked Chicken Breast Meat

Canned cooked chicken breast meat is something that I always keep on hand.  I like the one that Costco sells under its own bright blue Kirkland label.  It comes in a 12 ounce (354g) can.



After opening the can, and draining off the liquid, there is just over 7.5 ounces of meat left.  Nice white chunks of tasty breast meat.






I use it in sandwiches, salads, soups and stews. It seems to work well in a variety of recipes that call for cut up chicken breasts.  When we are on the sailboat all summer, we don't have a freezer, so this canned chicken is a must-have in my little galley.

Udon noodles with fresh veggies, broth and canned chicken breast meat

Per 55g/1/4 cup serving.
Weight Watchers P+ = 1.
Calories 60; Protein 13g; Carbohydrate 0g; Fat 1g; Fibre 0g

Featured Recipes using this staple:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment.