The original recipe called for a variety of mushrooms and also more oil than I wanted to use so I have rewritten the ingredients and instruction.
At the last minute, I decided to toss a few turkey meatballs into the sauce before I served it over the linguini. Very nice! The Noodle Expert was very pleased with the final product.
Makes 2 hearty servings
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbs canola oil
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 cup veggie broth
- 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 tsp each cornstarch, Dijon mustard and tomato paste
- In large skillet heat oil over medium heat.
- Sauté mushrooms, onion, garlic, thyme and rosemary for about 3-4 minutes or until softened.
- Add vegetable broth; bring to boil and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, until reduced .
- Meanwhile mix sour cream, cornstarch, mustard and tomato paste until smooth.
- Add to mushroom mixture, stirring constantly.
- Bring to boil, stirring constantly, and boil for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Serve over cooked linguini.
Calories 153; Protein 8g; Carbohydrate 16g; Fat 7g; Fibre 2g
This would work nicely with fettucine or tagliatelle, too.