Of course you can use any pasta you like - rotini or penne would be nice, too.
Linguini with Tuna, Olives, and Bell Peppers
- 1 tsp canola/olive oil blend
- 1 medium red bell pepper, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 can 180g chunk tuna packed in water, drained and flaked
- 10 pitted black olives, coarsely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- juice and grated zest of 1 lemon
- salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- 2 Tbs light parmesan cheese, shredded
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add fresh linguini and cook until just tender, about 10 minutes, or cook your pasta of choice as directed on the package.
- While this occurs, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the bell peppers and garlic and cook until just tender, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the tuna, olives, green onions, and lemon juice and zest and cook 1 minute more. When the pasta is cooked, save 1/4 cup of its cooking liquid.
- Drain the pasta well, and then add it and the 1/4 cup of cooking liquid to the tuna mixture, gently tossing.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with shredded parmesan and serve.
Calories 173; Protein 23g; Carbohydrate 8g; Fat 7g; Fibre 2g