Sunday, March 13, 2011

Cinnamon and Raisin Baked Oatmeal

I was looking at a food blog called Chocolate-Covered Katie and came across some ideas for baked oatmeal, which Katie calls boatmeal, and I knew I had to try it.


I altered the ingredients slightly and here is what I came up with:

Cinnamon and Raisin Baked Oatmeal
Makes 2 servings
  • 1/2 cup Rogers' Porridge Oats
  • dash of cinnamon
  • splash of vanilla
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 2 Tbsp raisins
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Combine raw oats, spices, applesauce, and water.
Coat 2 small ramekins with non-stick spray and pour batter into them.


Bake for 20 minutes, or more until it’s firm.
Change setting on oven to “high broil” for 3 more minutes (for crusty effect).

Per serving. 
Weight Watchers P+ = 3.
Calories 130; Protein 5g; Fat 2g; Fibre 5g.

They are very hot when they come out of the oven so I let them sit for a few minutes.  Then I popped them out of the ramekins and into bowls, and topped them with a bit of yogurt, half a banana, more cinnamon and 1 tsp honey.  Mmmmm.....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment.