Makes 2 servings
- 1/2 cup dry whole wheat couscous
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped bell peppers
- 1/2 cup sliced and slivered cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup romano beans (sub any kind you like)
- 2 cups roughly torn spinach leaves
- Dash of oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 tsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Prepare couscous in the chicken broth, either by cooking for 5 minutes, or by leaving on the counter for a couple of hours.
- Into a large bowl, place the peppers, cucumber, onion, beans and couscous. Mix well.
- In a small bowl, blend the dressing ingredients, and then add to the salad in the large bowl Stir well.
- Place the torn spinach leaves on two plates. Divide the salad and pile on top of the spinach leaves. Sprinkle with oregano.
Weight Watchers P+ = 8.
Calories 330; Protein 15g; Carbohydrate 58g; Fat 6g; Fibre 10g