Mediterranean Pasta Salad
Makes 2 servings
- 4 ounces rotini or pasta of choice
- 12 raw green string beans, washed and ends removed
- 120g tuna (drained solids from 170g can), approx 4 ounces
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 tomato, roughly chopped, or several halved grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta to al dente, drain, rinse, and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- In medium saucepan, bring about 1 cup of water to a boil. Add green beans and cook for one minute. Remove immediately from heat, drain and rinse under cold water to stop cooking. (This is called blanching - it doesn't quite cook them but does bring out the color)
- Remove beans from sauce pan and cut them into pieces about 1 inch long.
- In large bowl mix tuna, artichoke hearts, olives, tomato, onion, and green beans. Stir gently to mix. Add pasta to mixture and stir again.
- In a small bowl, mix the lemon juice, olive oil and minced garlic. Stir to blend, then pour over contents of large bowl. Stir again.
- Divide mixture between 2 bowls or plates, and season with salt and pepper.
Weight Watchers P+ = 10.
Calories 388; Protein 25g; Carbohydrate 56g; Fat 10g; Fibre 9g.