Pork Tenderloin and Rice Salad
Makes 2 servings
- 1/2 cup raw brown rice
- 6 ounces cooked por tenderloin
- 1/c cup cucumber, sliced and slivered
- 1/8 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 navel orange, peeled and chopped
- zest from the orange peel
- 1 tsp dark sesame oil
- 2 Tbs soy sauce, reduced sodium
- 1 Tbs rice or sushi vinegar
- 2 tsp grated ginger root
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 pkt Splenda
- Cook the rice according to package directions and then set aside to cool.
- Cut the pork into thin slices, then cut cross-wise into slivers.
- Place cooled rice and pork into a large bowl.
- Add the cucumber, onion, bell pepper, orange, and orange zest, and stir altogether to blend.
- Place the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Pour over the salad ingredients in the large bowl, and mix.
- Divide and serve over fresh greens.
Weight Watchers P+ = 10.
Calories 393; Protein 30g; Carbohydrate 51g; Fat 9g; Fibre 4g
Stir the greens into the salad before eating.