Sunday, May 15, 2011

A Promise Kept

I promised The Captain that I would bake cookies today... and I nearly forgot.  When I realized that the afternoon was almost gone, I went looking for something new and quick to make up for my lack of attention.

I found this recipe in the current Thifty Foods flyer and it looked like it would fill the bill.  And it certainly did, very nicely.  Chocolate chip cookies are not The Captain's favorite, but the dried cranberries took the focus off the chocolate chips, and pair very well with them.  That being said, I only used 1/2 cup of chips instead of the 3/4 cup that the recipe calls for.

Raisins or other dried fruit would be good as well.  And butterscotch or peanut butter or even white chocolate chips would work really nicely with the dried cranberries, I think.



Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 24 cookies
  • 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 3/4 cup dried cranberries
  • 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
  • 3/4 cup packed golden brown sugar
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs

  1. Place an oven rack in the middle position.
  2. Preheat the oven to 325° F.
  3. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
  4. Place the flour and baking soda in a bowl and whisk to combine; stir in the chocolate chips and cranberries.
  5. In another bowl, beat the butter, sugar and vanilla until well combined and lightened. Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
  6. Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
  7. Drop 2 Tbsp. amounts of the dough on the baking sheets, spacing them about 3 inches apart.
  8. Press pieces of dough into 1/2" thick discs.
  9. Bake the cookies, one sheet at a time, for 15 minutes, until light golden.
Per cookie.
Weight Watchers P+ = 4.
Calories 126; Protein 2g; Carbohydrate 18g; Fat 6g; Fibre 1g

1 comment:

  1. oh my these cookies look scrumptious! I love that you used real butter in them as I am a butter lover and am not a fan of margarine. The nutritional info is very reasonable as well. Next time I make choc chip cookies I'm trying these! :)

    Thank you for the wonderful advice re my monday motivation post, I love your idea of getting a bracelet as a reminder of my strengths. I am going to start looking for one! :)

    Hope you have a great start to your week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment.