This is really just an idea... feel free to use you own favorite fruit and nuts.
Quinoa Fruit and Nut Salad
Makes 2 servings
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 1 cup canned peaches, drained anc cut into chunks
- 1/2 ounce slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- dash of cinnamon
- Place 1/2 cup quinoa and 1 cup water in saucepan. Bring to boil then reduce and simmer for 15 minutes. Turn off heat and leave for 5 minutes longer.
- Remove the cooked quinoa from the pan and place in bowl.
- Add the chopped apple and peach chunks. Mix gently to blend.
- Divide between 2 bowls. Add half the almonds and half the cranberries and a dash of cinnamon to each bowl.
- Top with your favorite 'sweetish' dressing if you want, or eat just as is.
Per serving, approximately without dressing.
Weight Watchers P+ = 9.
Calories 339; Protein 7; Carbohydrate 64g; Fat 7g; Fibre 8g