Saturday, May 21, 2011

Dark Chocolate Peanut Buttery Oat Mounds

I wanted to have something today with both chocolate and peanut butter, that didn't involve hundreds of calories, so I whipped up these bites.  I am using Better 'N Peanut Butter in this version.

 I know that most people would use real peanut butter so I pointed the recipe with that as well, and I am pretty sure that fat free or 1% milk would work too, instead of the Almond Breeze I am using.





Dark Chocolate Peanut Buttery Oat Mounds
Makes 8 servings, 1 mound each
  • 4 Tbs dark semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 2 Tbs vanilla unsweetened Almond Breeze
  • 2 Tbs Better 'N Peanut Butter
  • 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats

  1. Place the peanut butter, milk, and chocolate chips in a saucepan; cook over low heat until chips melt.  Keep stirring and watch that it doesn't burn.  It will take 3 or 4 minutes.
  2. Remove from heat and stir in the oats.
  3. Drop 8 mounds on a wax paper-lined baking sheet; let set in refrigerator at  least 20 minutes before serving.  The longer they are left, the better they will set.
Per serving.
Weight Watchers P+ = 2.
Calories 59; Protein 2g; Carbohydrate 9g; Fat 2g; Fibre 1g

Per serving, prepared with real peanut butter instead of Better 'N Peanut Butter.
Weight Watchers P+ = 2.
Calories 70; Protein 2g; Carbohydrate 8g; Fat 3g; Fibre 1g

1 comment:

  1. My kids love these and make them every couple of weeks. I like that they're quick and easy and yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment.