Makes 2 servings
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup egg whites
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/8 cup onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 handful fresh spinach leaves
- dashes of basil, oregano, salt, and pepper
- Spritz a non-stick fry pan lightly with oil and set over low heat.
- Add the peppers and onion. Saute, stirring occasionally, till softened, about 7 or 8 minutes.
- Add the tomato, and sprinkle with basil and oregano. Stir and cook about 2 more minutes.
- Cut the spinach leaves and distribute over the other veggies in the pan.
- Meanwhile, crack the eggs and place into a small bowl with the egg whites. Beat till slightly foamy.
- Drizzle the egg mixture over the vegetables in the fry pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover the pan and leave till the eggs are set, approximately 7 or 8 minutes. You may lift the lid occasionally to have a peek.
- When the eggs are cooked, remove the lid and set aside.
- Divide the omelet in half. For each half, flip one side over the other.
- Remove to a plate and serve.
Weight Watchers P+ = 3.
Calories 137; Protein 16g; Carbohydrate 5; Fat 5g; Fibre 1g.
Saute the peppers and onions til softened.
Add the tomato and the herbs and cook a few minutes more.
Evenly distribute the spinach pieces over the other veggies.
Crack the eggs into a small bowl with the egg whites.
Beat till foamy.
Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables, season, then cover.
The eggs will still be somewhat shiny when cooked.
Divide in half. Flip each half onto itself.