I have calculated the points values for the cakes and the sauce separately, and then together.
Salmon and Potato Cakes
Makes 2 servings of 2 cakes each
- 1 can salmon (approx. 7 ounces)
- 1-1/2 cups cold mashed potatoes
- 1 egg white
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Dashes of salt, pepper, dried parsley
- Drain salmon and break into chunks. Discard skin and bones or mix into meat. Set aside.
- Mix potatoes with egg whites and parsley until smooth and well-combined.
- Gently fold salmon and green onions into the mixture.
- Divide mixture into fourths; form 4 patties, and saute 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown, in a pan coated with non-stick spray.
- Serve with Horseradish Sauce, if desired.
Makes 2 servings
- 1/4 cup fat free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain fat free yogurt
- 1 Tbs horseradish
- Dashes of salt, pepper, dried dill weed
- Combine all ingredients and spoon over Salmon and Potato Cakes.
Per Serving, cakes only.
Weight Watchers P+ = 7.
Calories ; Protein 20g; Carbohydrate 24g; Fat 11g; Fibre 2g.
Per Serving, sauce only.
Weight Watchers P+ = 1.
Calories ; Protein 1g; Carbohydrate 9g; Fat 0g; Fibre 0g.
Per Serving, cakes and sauce.
Weight Watchers P+ = 8.
Calories 334; Protein 21g; Carbohydrate 33g; Fat 11g; Fibre 3g.
The add'l gram of Fibre in the combined calculation comes from rounding.