This recipe is very simple, using only red, green, yellow and orange bell peppers, along with sweet white onions and olive oil.
Grilled Bell Peppers with Onions
Makes 2 servings
- 1 small pepper of each of the 4 colors
- 1/4 large white onion, sliced into rings
- non-stick spray
- 1-1/2 to 2 tsp olive oil
- dashes of salt, pepper, dried oregano
- Clean the peppers and cut into chunks.
- Slice the onion into rings about 1/4 inch thick.
- Cover grill pan with foil and coat with non-stick spray.
- Place the veggies on the grill pan and spray the tops with olive oil.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, and dried orgeno on the top.
- Preheat the barbecue, then place the panful of veggies on the heat. Close the lid and cook for about 10 to 12 minutes on low to medium-low heat.
- Lift the lid and turn the veggies over on the pan, with a pair of tongs. Close the lid and cook another 8 to 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and leave for about 5 minutes.
- Remove cooked veggies from the pan and plate them alongside your entree.
Weight Watchers P+ = 1.
Calories 119; Protein 3g; Carbohydrate 19g; Fat 5g; Fibre 4g.
Prepare the vegetables, place on a grill pan, spritz with oil and season.
Cook on the barbecue approximately 20 minutes.
Allow to cool slightly before removing from pan.
Dressing up a serving of rotini with sundried tomato pesto and parmesan cheese.